Wendy Anderson, Ph.D. is an environmental scientist and educator who has devoted her life to research and teaching future environmental leaders and to improving the regions where she has lived. She earned a Ph.D. in Biology from Vanderbilt University, and an M.S. and B.S. in Biology from Baylor University. Her areas of scientific expertise include nutrient flow through ecosystems, strategies for maintaining biodiversity, and promoting sustainable businesses and communities. Her lifetime of community service has focused on promoting environmental education, natural resource conservation, and local and sustainable foods systems.
Recent Career and Community Leadership, Volusia County, Florida
· Professor of Environmental Science and Studies, Stetson University
· Faculty Steering Committee for the Stetson University Institute for Water and Environmental Resilience
· Victoria Park Homeowners Association Board of Directors
· St. Johns River-to-Sea Loop Alliance Board of Directors
· City of DeLand Economic Development Committee