Anyone who is able to google, can find dozens of ways to capture rain to use for anything from watering plants to drinking. Or… you can just view this “Water Capture Techniques” page and find ways to assemble a rain barrel that will suit any skill level. Choose from one of the following:
- Photos of 10 projects: http://primedpreppers.com/10-cool-rain-water-collection-systems/
Purifying your water
- Please note that no home made water filter can be completely trusted.
- Always boil water if you plan to drink it.
- If it tastes flat after boiling, whirl it with a mixer or put a lid on the water container and shake it well.
- A three bucket system: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=114&v=aYYcg18RXLs
- A two bucket system: http://tacticalintelligence.net/blog/how-to-make-a-homemade-water-filter.htm
- The key is multiple layers, coarse to fine, with charcoal at the bottom: